Mytyschi, Moscow region its history
Федотова Татьяна Ивановна, учитель английского языка.
МБОУ СОШ № 4, г. Мытищи, Московская область.
Mytyschi district is situated to the north¬east of Moscow. It occupies an area of 50,000 ha and its population is 190,000. Part of this area is taken up by forests and water resources including five water-storage lakes and an extensive forest known as the national park "Losinyi ostrov". The town of Mytyschi is the administrative centre of the Mytyschi district. It was officially recognized as a town only 86 years ago, though the first settlements appeared here as far back as the 4th century B. C.
A number of important trade routes crossed this land. The word “Mytyschi” which later gave the name to the town means the place where merchants had to pay customs duties. This name was first mentioned in written documents as far back as the end of 40th of 17th century. Taininskoye is another oldest village that has become а part of the present-day Mytyschi. Tainiskoye was first mentioned in 1401-1402 in the testaments of prince Vladimir of Serpukhov. This village was the favourite place for rest of the tsar Ivan the Terrible. Another page of the history of our district concerns water.
The Mytyschi surroundings have been famous for their clean water since long ago. Here used to be many springs in the Yauza valley spouting clean and tasty water to the surface. That's why the site was chosen for constructing a water-pipe line that was started in 1779 by order of empress Catherine II and completed in 1804. This date means the beginning of central water supply of Moscow.
Modern Мytyschi - considerable industrial centre of Moscow suburbs. The Mytischi people cherish their historical past and look ahead feeling sure about their future.
Методические семинары в Ярославской области
Практико-ориентированный семинар в г. Якутске
Практико-ориентированный семинар в г. Томске
Семинар во Владикавказе
Мастер-класс для студентов ГСГУ
Новости IYAZYKIТвиты пользователя @iyazyki