Saint Petersburg, the Peter and Paul fortress
Кожевников Денис, 4а класс, ГОУ лицей № 533 города Санкт-Петербурга
Учитель – Подчасская Елена Сергеевна
St. Peterburg is built up along the banks of the Neva. On one of the islands stands the Peter and Paul Fortress. Its grim stone walls rising high above the water. It was begun to be build on May 16, 1703.
Peter and Paul Cathedral was built in 1733, the architect was Domenico Trezzini. It has tall bell tower crowned with a spire. Crowning it is the shape of an angel carrying a cross, measuring 3.2 meters high.
Domenico Trezzini also designed St. Petersburg Gate in 1717-1718. This structure is one of the few buildings in the fortress that has remained practically unchanged since in it was first built.
In the 18th-19th centuries the architectural ensemble of the Peter and Paul fortress had other buildings added to it. The House of the Grandfather or Russian Navy, where Peter the Great’s boat was to be kept was built next to the cathedral in 1761-1762 by architect A.F. Vist.
Методические семинары в Ярославской области
Практико-ориентированный семинар в г. Якутске
Практико-ориентированный семинар в г. Томске
Семинар во Владикавказе
Мастер-класс для студентов ГСГУ
Новости IYAZYKIТвиты пользователя @iyazyki