The Bolshoi Theatre
ученица 7А класса
ГОУ ЦО № 166, г. Москва,
учитель Гевак Алла Александровна
The Bolshoi Theatre was founded in 1776 by Prince Pyotr Vasilyevich Urusov and Michael Maddox. Initially, it held performances in a private home, but in 1780, it acquired the Petrovka Theatre and began producing plays and operas.
The current building was built on Theatre Square in 1824 to replace the Petrovka Theatre, which had been destroyed by fire in 1805. It was designed by architect Andrei Mikhailov, who had built the building nearby Maly Theatre in 1824.
As opera and ballet at that time were considered nobler than drama, the opera houses were named "Grand Theatres" ("Bolshoi" is Russian for "large") and the drama theatres were called the "Smaller Theatre" ("Maly" is Russian for "small" or "little"). The Bolshoi Theatre's original name was the Imperial Bolshoi Theatre of Moscow.
Initially, it presented only Russian works, but foreign composers entered the repertoire around 1840. A fire in 1853 caused extensive damage; reconstruction was carried out by Alberto Cavos, son of Catterino Cavos, an opera composer. The theatre reopened in 1856. During World War II, the theatre was damaged by a bomb, but it was immediately repaired.
From July 2005 to October 2011 the theatre was closed for restoration. It had undergone many renovations in its time, but none as major as this. And now it is one of the greatest theatres in the world, with its own proud traditions and unforgettable atmosphere. An evening at the Bolshoi really is an essential part of a visit to Moscow. The building itself is one of Moscow's most symbolic sites, a truly impressive example of Russian Classical architecture that faces the Kremlin walls.
Welcome to Moscow to the Bolshoi Theatre!
Методические семинары в Ярославской области
Практико-ориентированный семинар в г. Якутске
Практико-ориентированный семинар в г. Томске
Семинар во Владикавказе
Мастер-класс для студентов ГСГУ
Новости IYAZYKIТвиты пользователя @iyazyki