Regional Officers’ House of the Russian Army (ODORA)
Шишмакова Евгения, 6В класс
МБОУ СОШ №49 г. Чита Забайкальский край
Учитель Рюмина Наталья Ивановна
Краевой Дом Офицеров Российской Армии (ОДОРА)
In the center of my town just near Lenin Square there is a large white and light orange building - the Regional Officers’ House of the Soviet Army built before the Great Patriotic War (in 1939-1940) on Klekovkin’s project, a famous architect. The Officers’ House was opened for public on 16 November 1940.
The main compositional element of its façade (front) is a portico (porch) with columns of the same height as the construction itself crowned with a sculptural group: a soldier, seaman and a collective farmer. It symbolizes the unity of army and people. Unfortunately, we can’t see it now. Eventually it was destroyed, and then taken apart.It is likely to be restored soon. The design of the building gives the impression of a well-proportioned, solid construction. There is a big hall (780seats) with stalls, balcony and boxes and a small hall (120seats), a library, a reading room, an exhibitory hall and a picture gallery. On 22 February 1965 the Fighting Glory Regional Museum was opened there. It contains rich historical material about Halhin - Gol, Great Patriotic War and friendship of Russia and Mongolia. Folk Theatre, Regional Okrug Song and Dance ensemble are housed there. The Museum was built on the place of the exhibition which was held in 1899. There used to be a public garden named after Zhukovsky behind the House. There was a pond with swans. The water from the river Kaidalovka flew into the pond. Now it is a beautiful park, a popular place for holidaymakers.
The Glory Avenue was opened to commemorate the Great Victory anniversary. On its both sides you can see the exhibits of military hardware: tanks, combat vehicles, guns, and howitzers. On 14th June 2011 the monument to the legendary plane MIG-21 was put up. This plane was on the watch of the eastern borders and participated in hot spots. Not long ago the patrol boat was put up there – the monument to Zabaikalya seamen - border guards. It has served on the border with China on the river Argun for 20 years.
Not only military exhibits are represented there. You can see a monument to Lenin designed in1937 by the monumental sculptor Sergei Merkurov. The copy of this monument is in Moscow now in Tverskaya Square. One more new sculpture “The Boy with a Pigeon” was placed at the very entrance to the Park. It was found in the forest by a certain man and sold to the museum. Valery Bashirov did his best to restore it. The architect is working now on the deer sculpture “Guran”.
The main task of the authorities is to restore the initial view (50 – 60ies) of the ODORA Park. The final stage of the reconstruction is to revive the triptych: a seaman, a collective farmer and a soldier in front of the building. They expect their plans to become real in the nearest future.
Методические семинары в Ярославской области
Практико-ориентированный семинар в г. Якутске
Практико-ориентированный семинар в г. Томске
Семинар во Владикавказе
Мастер-класс для студентов ГСГУ
Новости IYAZYKIТвиты пользователя @iyazyki