Дегтярева Елена Александровна
ГБОУ СО Верхотурская гимназия
учитель английского языка
Among the Urals historical settlements the town Verkhoturye is district, surrounded by a special halo. A small town became the «gates to Siberia». Artemy Babinov became a pioneer and builder of a new road. The Babinov Road connected Solikamsk with the upper reaches of the river Tura. The construction of Verkhoturye began in spring 1598 by the Tsar’s edict. The first fortress or wooden Kremlin was felled on the sheer stone bank of the Tura-river. Here the money, sable and salt treasury, munitions and grain supplies for Siberian towns were kept.
In 1607 Verkhoturye was granted the first town seal. A sable under a tree was depicted on the seal. Later, letter «B» was added here, referring to the name of the town. The symbol of the sable revealed the main purpose of Russian expansion in Siberia - furs enriched the state. The Orthodox population of the Urals and contiguous regions of Russia has long since revered the name of St. Simeon the Holy, who worked wonders in Verkhoturye. According to the legend, a nobleman Simeon left his native land in European Russia and settled in the village of Merkushino in the vicinity of Verkhoturye. He made his living by fishing and sewing fur-coats. Simeon didn't live more than 40 years but his body survived in the ground undeceived for many years. His relics were subjected to examination and in September 12, 1704 moved to St. Nickolas Monastery in Verkhoturye. In the second half the 18th century the town became dis¬connected with the trading routes. After the revolution of 1917 monasteries and churches were closed and the relics of St Simeon were taken out to the Nizhny Tagil Museum. After the closing of St. Nickolas Monastery (1926), its territory was given to the penitentiary for juvenile offenders, which, in 1935, passed under the jurisdiction of NKVD and was renamed as a prison camp. A district committee of CPSU, a palace of culture, a cin¬ema, a bathhouse, a maternity hospital and a reinforced concrete bridge over the Tura-river were built at that time. 1990 was the turning point in the fate of Verkhoturye. Today Verkhoturye is one of the most significant religious centers in Russia. Verkhoturye is a real museum with unique ancient buildings. The appearance of the city is mainly formed by the architectural group: The Verkhoturye Kremlin with the Trinity Cathedral, The Nikolaevsky Monastery, the Krestovozdvizhensky Cathedral, The Pokrovsky Monastery.
Если Вам понравилась эта работа, Вы можете рассказать о ней своим друзьям:
Методические семинары в Ярославской области
Практико-ориентированный семинар в г. Якутске
Практико-ориентированный семинар в г. Томске
Семинар во Владикавказе
Мастер-класс для студентов ГСГУ
Новости IYAZYKIТвиты пользователя @iyazyki