Muromsky monastery of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin
Лисина Анна 11а класс
From the first centuries of the 2nd millennium people from Great Novgorod came to Pudozh land. They founded several settlements on the shore and islands of Lake Onego. In the 14th century Christianity made the first attempts to win the souls of the Pudozh pagans. The first missionary from Novgorod was a priest named Lazar. Lazar voluneered to convert Zaonezhye tribes to christianity. After many misadventures he landed on the eastern shore of the Onego, set up a cross, built a hut and a chapel. It was a great difficulty that Christ’s religion penetrated into the dwellings of the local people. But later Muromsky Monastery became the centre of Christianity. The founder of Muromsky monastery Lazar died on the 21st of March in 1391 at the age of 105. The founder of the monastery was buried near the sanctuary of the temple of John the Forerunner. The Church of Lazar from Muromsky monastery occupies a particular place among the monuments of old architecture. The touching simlicity of this structure is truly unique. This wooden church is six centuries old. It is the oldest of the existing Russian wooden churches. The exact date of its erection is unknown but folk legend says that the church was built by Lazar in the second half of the 14th century. The fate of Lazar Church is quite peculiar. It was built in the period when christianity was being propagated in the North. In 1959 the church was disassembled and moved to Kizhi, where it was restored.
Nowadays the star exhibit of the Pudozh local museum is a wooden figure of Jesus Christ. It was made in the second half of the 19-th century and found in Muromsky Monastery.
The Church of Lazar is one of the most ancient wooden archtecture monuments in our country.
Методические семинары в Ярославской области
Практико-ориентированный семинар в г. Якутске
Практико-ориентированный семинар в г. Томске
Семинар во Владикавказе
Мастер-класс для студентов ГСГУ
Новости IYAZYKIТвиты пользователя @iyazyki