The Village of Sanino
Чугунова Марина Владимировна
Churches have always been the hearts of cities, towns and villages. The history of Sanino, a small village of Suzdal district in Vladimir region, is closely linked with the history of the cathedral of St. Nicholas. The first wooden church was built in the village in the 17-th century and it was the center of culture and public education that time.
During the 18-19-th centuries Sanino was very famous for its skilled craftsmen, who made ceramics, were talented woodcutters and icon – daubers. The fire in the middle of the 18-th century burned the church down. A new stone cathedral in the name of St. Nicolas was constructed later. Itl was the masterpiece of the architecture of that time. In 1825 the church of the Intercession of the Holy Virgin was built. Both the churches were constructed of the same style. Thanks to the fact, that the village is situated far from big cities and main roads, the difficult years of 1930-1960s didn’t make much harm either to cathedrals or to the Christian life of the local people. Nevertheless, time passed and the church buildings were destroying, the frescoes were flaking. Everything needed restoration.
Fortunately, in 2001 in the village of Sanino St. Nicolas women community as a farmstead of the monastery of the Holy Birth of Vladimir was founded. Now the nuns take care of cathedrals and participate in the reconstruction. In the village there is a kindergarten, a secondary school, a post-office, a house of culture and a chemical plant. The local school has two museums that are open to everybody who is interested in history.
Методические семинары в Ярославской области
Практико-ориентированный семинар в г. Якутске
Практико-ориентированный семинар в г. Томске
Семинар во Владикавказе
Мастер-класс для студентов ГСГУ
Новости IYAZYKIТвиты пользователя @iyazyki